The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant Radiologist
Job Ref No: NHD21 / 1002
- We are in the health sector focused on both Laboratory and Radiology diagnostics. We work in a unique partnership with the public sector to strengthen the capacity of the human resource and the facility development to a world class standard for the sustainability of the centre.
- The NHDIC is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate.
- To provide general radiology services.
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure.
- To participate in regular audit and monthly clinical governance meetings.
- To supervise all radiology examination and radiographers by always ensuring smooth operation of the radiology department.
- Liaise with other radiologist to ensure that the department is covered at all times.
- To implement protocols in areas such as drug’s reaction, resuscitation, emergencies, and infection control.
- Ensure appropriate use and maintenance of all radiology modalities at the facility.
- Participate in research projects involving radiology when necessary.
- Ensure qualitative interpretations of investigations by sharing and discussing with colleagues when necessary.
- Administer radiopaque substances by injection, orally, or as enemas to render internal structures and organs visible on X-ray films or fluoroscopics screens.
- Coordinate radiological services with other medical activities.
- Direct and supervise the activities of radiographers and trainee radiographers.
- Maintaining and ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Develop daily priority list that allows all scheduled procedures.
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain and develop expertise as required by MDCAN and keep proper and updated registration with MDCN and NMA.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Valid and current practicing license from MDCN.
- Computer Literacy Extensive experience in X-Ray, Ultrasound, MRI and Mammography.
- 5-10 years’ experience in X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography and other Radiology procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good observation skills.
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good clinical knowledge across all specialties.
- Manual dexterity for certain roles.
- Excellent supportive and caring disposition.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.