The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Quality Assurance / Laboratory Support Services
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Line Manager: Project Manager
- The Consultant – Quality Assurance / Laboratory Support Services will support the delivering health and nutrition project to implement interventions for improvement of laboratory services in supported States, PHCs and Secondary Health Facilities in Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River and Taraba.
Consultancy Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River and TarabaMinistries of Health and Primary Health Care Development Agencies (PHCDA) to develop or domesticate laboratory quality management manuals including drafting and domesticating procedural guidelines and SOPs for tests as required by the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
- Strengthening the capacity of supported PHCs and selected General Hospitals by providing on-site and off-site training and laboratory guidance.
- Support Laboratories in PHCs towards improvement as contained in Strengthening Laboratory Management Toward Accreditation (SLMTA) guidelines or drive laboratories towards meeting ISO15189 or CLSI quality system essentials for all tests performed in the PHCs.
- Support improvement of infection control practices in PHCs and PHC laboratories
- Set up quality assurance programme for the laboratories.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Pathologist (Laboratory Medicine Physician) or Medical Lab Scientist from a reputable Higher Institution.
- At least 5 years experience in teaching Laboratory Medicine or Medical Laboratory Science in a tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Past experience of drafting SoPs and manuals for laboratories in Nigeria.
- Good Bench experience of at least 7 years.
- Due to the hard-to-reach terrain of the PHC locations, willingness and capacity to travel to difficult and frustrating working conditions and long-distance walking is required.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to develop standard operating procedures.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as a single document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- State the Position applied for / Location / Name as the subject of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with the application instructions above will not be considered.