The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engagement of Consultant Data Manager / Analyst for the National STEPs Survey, Nigeria
Duration: 2 Months
- The Federal Ministry of Health in partnership with the World Health Organization, Resolve to Save Lives and Global fund is conducting a National STEPs survey. STEPS is the WHO’s recommended tool for surveillance of NCDs and their risk factors.
- It provides an entry point for low- and middle-income countries to get started on NCD surveillance activities. It is also designed to help countries build and strengthen their capacity to conduct surveillance.
- In addition to the main risk factors for NCDs, the Nigerian STEPs survey will include information to assess the linkage between COVID-19 and NCDs; HIV and NCDs; and TB and NCDs.
- A survey manager is required to ensure that the different components of the survey are efficiently managed to guarantee that the survey is successful and of international standards.
- During the fieldwork and after, an in-depth data cleaning, validation and analysis will be conducted by a data manger/analyst.
The data manager will be a statistician or data scientist with experience in national surveys and at least 5-year experience in the management, analysis and archival of big data. The data manager will be responsible for:
- Coordinating data management activities for the survey: receiving, batching and any needed cleaning of the dataset
- Be responsible for the validation of double-entered data files
- Ensures that data are properly stored and backed up
- Checks validated data files regularly for systematic errors (cleaning)
- Develops data entry software and tools, effective and feasible to support the survey
- Prepares database to be ready for analysis and data entry screens
- Generating derived variables
- Undertaking exploratory data analysis
- Undertaking descriptive analyses (e.g. means and proportions)
- Be responsible for completion of regular data management reports
- Liaises with the survey manager on a regular basis
- Reports without delay any problems encountered in data management.
- Producing tables and graphs for reports
- Assisting in report preparation
- Undertaking additional analyses if needed, under the guidance of the survey manager.
- Eligible candidate must possess an Advanced Degree in Statistics, Data Science & Demography / other relevant fields.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in survey and population health statistics
- Possess strong analytical skill including competency is use of statistical analytical software such as Epi Info R, STATA, SPSS, CSPro, GIS, and Microsoft office package.
- Demonstrated experience in use of ODK and other online survey data collection platforms
- Familiarity with the Nigeria NCDs Control Programme.
- Possess good administrative skills including maintenance of adequate documentation.
Application Closing Date
12:00 PM: 21st February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposal in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in a single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultant Data Manager / Analyst for the National STEPs Survey, Nigeria” with the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) ,
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience and relevant supporting document.
- Recent CV.
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount.
- The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.