he National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant 2 – DHIS 2 Specialist (Baseline, Midterm & End-Line Assessment Of The RSSH – II Thematic Areas)
- The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for the following assignment: Baseline, Midterm & End–Line Assessment of the RSSH–II Thematic Areas.
- The purpose of this assignment is as follows: The consultant will provide technical support to the Operations research implementation with specific deliverables.
- The report of this study shall provide practical strategies to ensure effective and efficient implementation of HIV prevention programs for all populations in Nigeria.
- The findings will be used at all levels – national, state and community by key stakeholders, policymakers and HIV program implementers.
- The findings will align with the goal of the Global Prevention Coalition of ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030, other national policy documents and contain global best practices on HIV/AIDS programming.
- More details on the requested services are provided in the Terms of Reference in section A below
- The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) will make available the necessary documents and reports and other information concerning this assignment. You may obtain additional information at the following address: “National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA): Ground Floor, No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja.
- A candidate will be selected on the basis of comparison of individual qualifications (Curriculum Vitae and Experience), Technical Approach, Methodology and workplan.
- The following forms are attached:
- Terms of Reference ;
- Model of Curriculum Vitae ;
- Model of Letter for submitting the Proposal ;
- Form for Observations of the Consultant on the Terms of Reference.
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria was established in 2002 to provide additional funding to programmes and interventions targeted to tackle AIDS, TB and Malaria in resource constrained countries.
- The Global Fund provides additional resources to support resource
constraint countries to implement its national plans and meet its health goals towards achieving the Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- The Global Fund (GF) has been supporting Nigeria in the strengthening and scale up of health care services in the area of HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria for over a decade.
- Through the Global Fund grants, there has been an increased access to HIV treatment thereby reducing the number of AIDS-related deaths in both adults and children. The availability of the global fund grants has improved service
provision, capacity building among health workforce and infrastructures at all levels including private sectors. The provision of additional resources has enabled enhancement of the national health information system.
- The RSSH grant is targeted towards more effective coordination and strengthening of the health sector as well as promoting ownership and sustainability.
- It supports interventions that will improve program efficiencies across the six-health system building blocks: Governance, Health information management
system, supply chain management, laboratory services, financial management, community system and infrastructure.
- The grant is aimed at providing strategic opportunity to the implementation of the NSHDP 2 goals towards achieving the Universal Health coverage and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Majority of the intervention supported by the Global Fund are health and health-related interventions.
- The Federal and state ministries of health are considered a major stakeholders.
- The current grant covers Health Management Information System (HMIS), Laboratory System strengthening, Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM), Community Systems Strengthening.
- NACA is the principal recipient for the RSSH II and seeks to engage a qualified consultant to conduct a baseline, midterm & End-line assessment on the project.
The specific roles and responsibilities of the consultants are as follows:
- Design the appropriate methodology for the assessment.
- Develop questionnaires for data collection.
- Provide training for data collectors.
- Provide regular feedback and update to the RSSH Project team.
- Lead the process of data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Supervises the data entry and analysis.
- Abstraction of information from the DHIS 2.
- Produce reports.
Required Expertise for Baseline, Midterm & End-line Assessment Consultants:
- Advanced degree (M.Sc./M.Phil. or Ph.D.) in Social Science, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or other relevant qualification
- Candidate must have 15 years and above post-graduation experience.
- Knowledge and practical experience working in the previous in HSS/RSSH projects is mandatory.
- Must have a strong understanding of the DHIS 2 Setup and experience in nationwide DHIS 2 rollouts.
- Previous or current experience working with Federal Ministry of Health is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to facilitate and work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- The duration for the activity is 40 days for Baseline and Midterm assessment and 50 days for the End-line assessment.
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf .
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 7th October, 2021 (12 noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Submit three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of their detailed Proposal in English Language and requested documents enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Baseline, Midterm & End-Line Assessment of the RSSH-II Thematic Areas” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor, Room 1.08,
No. 3, Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office, Wuse Zone 4,
- Attachment 1 – Format of Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
- Attachment 2 – Model of Letter for submitting the Proposal (PDF)
- Attachment 3 – Form for Observations of the Consultant on the Terms of Reference (PDF)
Note / Disclaimer
- The submission (s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgment and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.