Food Concepts Plc was incorporated on 6 December 1999 as Food Concepts & Entertainment Limited and commenced operations in 2000. The Company was converted from a Private Limited Liability Company into a Public Limited Liability Company and the Company’s name was subsequently changed to Food Concepts Plc. by a Special Resolution dated 10 May 2009.
Following its incorporation, Food Concepts secured franchises from reputable South African Quick Service Restaurants operators to manage and operate their brands in Nigeria. The Company subsequently acquired and developed other Brands, such as: Chicken Republic , PieXpress, Butterfield and Yum Yum.
Following a corporate restructuring and divestment, the Company now owns and operates the Chicken Republic and PieXpress brands as its proprietary food brands.
Chicken Republic is currently trading in 80 locations across Nigeria and Ghana, it will operate >100 Chicken Republic restaurants by the end of 2020 and has plans in place to operate >300 stores by the end of 2023.
PieXpress began trading in 2019 and we presently operate 4 kiosks. We will open another 6 units by the end of the year, with plans in place to operate 150 Pie Express units by the end of 2023.
Food Concepts also owns a 35.61% stake in Food Concepts Pioneer Limited, which continues to hold the Butterfield and Yum Yum brands and runs plant bakeries producing bread, pies, sausage rolls and chin-chin for the mass market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Associate
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure compliance to organization process, procedures and policies and other support for Chicken Republic Stores.
- To assist in ensuring that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to QSR, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
- To assist in implementing and managing an effective compliance programme
- To participate in company’s policies development and review
- To assist in ensuring that the company is adhered with laws and regulation through detailed reports.
- To assist in creation and managing effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- To assist in ensuring that all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes as mandated and be ready to resolve employee concerns on issue related to the business operations and compliance
- To ensure proper documentation of compliance unit activities and follow up with OSC routine calendar.
- Supports compliance efforts via implementation of compliance risk, management and monitoring plan
- And any other duties assigned by HOD from time to time.
- Minimum of university degree or its equivalent in related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years post professional qualification experience.
- Knowledge of complex Food manufacturing Accounting system would be an added advantage.
Skills / Competencies and Requirements:
- Financial Accounting Skills
- Strong Knowledge of audit procedures.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Policy enforcement
- Assurance on Regulatory reporting
- Monitoring potential risks
- Strong understanding of Operational Standard Compliance (OSC)
- Facilitate resolution of compliance breaches.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online