Norrenberger is a leading, integrated financial services group that provides bespoke financial solutions that add value to our clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory and Stockbroking services to our discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance and Control Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Compliance and Control Officer is responsible for the development, review and implementation of Compliance Policies and standards and ensuring consistent application across the Group.
- He / she will ensure that the Group complies with regulatory and statutory requirements, and operates within limits set by regulators.
- In addition, He / she will be responsible for maintaining a compliance culture within the organization and will be the resource and contact person to all compliance-related issues for the organization.
- Establish an operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring, and reporting of compliance risks and issues to the Board and Executive Management.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Group’s Anti Money Laundering and Compliance Programs
- Provide advice/guidance to business units, management, and the Board on all compliance issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Group’s operating framework meets internal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement an annual effective compliance and Money Laundering training programs program (AML/CFT)
- Liaise with regulatory agencies on behalf of the group on Compliance related issues
- Participate in industry bodies to ensure alignment of Compliance methodology and influence national trends in Compliance Risk Management.
- Promote a compliance culture throughout Group by training staff and management officers on compliance-related issues
- Liaise with Risk Management and Legal Units on risk-related issues, non-compliance with internal policies, legislation, rules, and regulations, participate in the development of corrective action plans, and track it to closure.
- Provide operational and advisory support in the implementation, management, and evaluation of all compliance concerns
- Examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group’s internal control systems.
- Review of the management and financial information systems and the electronic information system.
- Liaise with Risk Management, Audit and FINCON to review the accuracy and reliability of the accounting records and financial reports
- Provision of independent assurance and performing consulting assessments on the adequacy and effectiveness of management, control frameworks, and governance processes of all units within the Group, aiming at adding value and assisting the Group in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Monitor and enforce daily posting of operations department transactions/ Zero tolerance for unauthorized posting daily.
- Review reconciliation controls on all accounts, inter branch, intercompany accounts and portfolio/Identify exceptions and ensure rectification/Zero tolerance for neglecting exceptions.
- Continuously monitor organization wide compliance with internal operational procedures and SOPs
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Law
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in compliance experience preferably within the Investment Industry
- Experience in assisting with the implementation of risk-based compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work well in a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and with sound decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.