Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full time
Programmes: Nutrition and Health
Reporting to: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Experience Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start Date: December 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Community Mobilization Officer who will primarily be responsible for the implementation of Community Mobilization activities for the Nutrition and Health project.
- He/She will be responsible for supporting Nutrition and Health team to establish effective relationships with the local communities, and facilitate increasing participation of the community members across all project activities.
- This entails building strong relationships with the local communities from across different ethnicities, religions, nationalities, genders and ages.
- Develop strong relationships with community members and also maintain contacts with the relevant gate keepers and humanitarian actors at site level, in order to support the participation and inclusion of the local communities.
- Support the reinforcement and coordination of regular project monitoring activities, i.e. baseline, PDM, end line, etc.
- Assist the PM in preparing internal and external reports for AAH and the community, including case studies and success stories.
- Participate with line manager/technical managers in developing criteria for selection of care group promoters, care group volunteers from the community level.
- Organize and facilitate trainings for community promoters and health workers on care group modules & lesson plans.
- Facilitate strong linkage between the facilities and community level activities through liaison with Nutrition and Health educations/CHEWS based at the health facility.
- Develop and share LGA budget planning in line with the project internal budget and reviewed work plan on a monthly and quarterly basis; share with line manager.
- Engage health workers in selection process of care group volunteers, supervision of care group activities, training of care group promoters etc.
- Maintain database of community promoters and care group volunteers with their contact information and/or alternative contact information at LGA level.
- Archive all finalized LGA work plan, monthly action plans, updated data bases related to care group activities at LGA level.
- Represent Action Against Hunger with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders at LGA level with support from Nutrition and Health PM.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development or related studies, Education, Sociology, Psychology, Communications, or related social science field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ in community mobilization work particularly in a humanitarian context.
- Experience in Nutrition/Health and /or WASH Programming and Community Engagement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local and state level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community members and leaders, partner agencies and key contacts in the government.
- Previous supervisory role and working knowledge of MS office.
- Strong sense of organization and attention to details.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Hausa and Kanuri will be an advantage.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N281,063 monthly (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 22nd November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.