Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer, Okpella Plant (Cement Industry)
Reference No: Okpella CLO – HSSE 2
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Department: Special Duties / Social Performance
Reports To: Assistant General Manager (AGM) – Community Relations
- Negotiation Skills. Good understanding of the Host Communities, Basic Knowledge about Stakeholder Management Skills/Grievance Mechanism, must be computer literate with understanding of basic office application packages like; MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate responses on all cases of grievances.
- Support the AGM in attending consultative meetings with communities, agencies, NGOS etc.
- Monitor and report on the social performance of all CSR projects undertaken by the plant.
- Regularly, under the supervision of the AGM, update Stakeholder Engagement Plan and (SEP), Community Development Plan (CDP), Stakeholder Mapping(SM), Register/database.
- Act as liaison who engages communities and other stakeholder groups in order to ensure peaceful and harmonious relationship in the environment.
- Provides feedback/ useful information to the plant on relevant issues from the communities which might affect plant’s operations.
- Serves as Secretary to Community Development Committee (CDC) and other community fora, local institutions meetings or stakeholder meetings at community level.
- Collects and registers grievances.
- Support the AGM social and community relations, to implement and monitor community development and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Co-ordinates the local project implementation committee (PIC) during project implementation.
- Writes and submits regular reports to the plant and headquarters through the AGM.
- To carry out any other assignment as may be directed by plant management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the maintenance of absolute peace/harmony between the host communities and the Plant on a daily basis.
- To assist in the management of conflicts arising between the Plant and the immediate host communities.
- Continuously enlightening youths/elders of the communities on the need for a cordial business relationship with the Plant so as to ensure the Plant does not lose its properties (material or human) through willful damage by individuals and / or groups in the host communities.
- To assist in liaising with some government agencies when need arises as directed by the high management.
- Unity crisis and resolution and write report legibly.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities.
- 5& Above years working experience with reputable organization(s).
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be computer literate in key Office application packages e.g Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Should be preferably a Benue indigene.
- Must have relevant experience about community relations.
- Must be able to speak both English Language and Tiv Language fluently.
- Must be able to interprets both English Language and Tiv Language properly.
- Must be able to assess the community needs/priorities and give report to AGM/mgt.
- Must be mentally and physically fit to handle his/her duties logically to conclusion.
- Must show the ability to handle community related issues.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online