SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Commissioning Preservation Engineer – M / F
Location: Offshore, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Lead a team of Contactors personnel in executing Preservation activities.
- Establish a Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime that will provide assurance that plant and equipment will remain in good condition and operable at all stages throughout the project.
- Ensure the Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime is consistently implemented from Supplier Works through Fabrication, Installation, Commissioning, and final handover to Operations.
- Implement and Maintain a Preservation Records System to demonstrate compliance to the preservation regime and assure integrity of plant and equipment.
- Provide Technical input and approval for Contractor Preservation and pipe cleanliness Procedures during Construction phase, and manage the process during Commissioning phase.
- Engage with Management, Engineering, Operations and Commissioning to establish expectations and requirements.
- Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary.
- Engage with the engineering team to ensure preservation requirements are clearly identified.
- Take ownership of and develop the preservation philosophy and strategy.
- Develop suite of preservation checklists, routines and procedures consistent with the preservation philosophy and Strategy.
- Review available databases / systems for monitoring and control of preservation regime, recommend and implement optimal system.
- Identify and procure any additional resources / skills required to implement strategy / administer the database etc.
- Review and ensure that preservation requirements are included on Requisitions / Supplier RFQ’s etc:
- Review Supplier documentation and ensure that engineering have confirmed that preservation requirements are adequate.
- Ensure that all Supplier recommendations and requirements are incorporated into preservation procedures and project program.
- Liaise with Engineering to determine preservation requirements for non-skid mounted plant & equipment.
- Liaise With Engineering / Vendors / Contractors to determine possible access and optimal preservation regime for all plant and equipment.
- Ensure Preservation activities are adequately estimated and allowed for within the project integrated plans / Contractors schedules etc.
- Liaise with Commissioning to ensure that critical preservation is not compromised by commissioning testing / procedures.
- Liaise with System Handover Management Process (SHMP) co-ordinator to establish comprehensive Tag.
- Database and ensure consistency between databases.
- Manage and audit main construction contractor to ensure de-preservation / re-preservation is properly implemented and recorded:
- On receipt at fabrication yard / construction site.
- On installation.
- During Commissioning.
- Minimum: Recognized HNC / HND with appropriate experience.
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety.
- Awareness of similar safety management systems.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Preservation and cleanliness process.
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas / petrochemical / power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:
- Involvement with Engineering Contractor and Suppliers in design phase.
- Development of Preservation and Cleanliness procedures, check sheets, frequency and tracking Commissioning Completion process.
- System Handover Process from Construction, Commissioning and to Operations.
- Control of Work processes during execution.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more.
- SAS & HUET
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online