Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Banking Relationship Manager for Nigeria CSG – VP
Job Req ID: 21376676
Job Category: Institutional Sales
- This role is based in Lagos, reporting directly to the Middle East, Turkey and Africa CSG Cluster Head based within Citi Commercial Bank’s (CCB) team in Dubai and matrix to the Global Subsidiaries Group Head in country.
- The Relationship Manager will have responsibility for developing new subsidiary relationships into the CSG Nigeria business together with strengthening an existing cross border portfolio.
- The RM would be responsible for subsidiaries of multinational clients. The primary responsibilities will be to build relationships and provide financial solutions for the subsidiaries of CCB clients with international presence.
- The job involves day-to-day co-operation with various CCB presence countries and regions, as well as both the product and implementation teams in Lagos, Dubai or London.
- Responsibilities also include active engagement in projects related to additional products and functionalities offered by the CCB teams across the region.
- Citi Commercial Bank caters to SME (Small & Medium Enterprise) and MME (Mid-Market Enterprise) segments. CSG Relationship Manager needs to be aware of country-specific capabilities, limitations, and KYC and lending regulations. S/he needs to be proficient in the product suite offered, working knowledge of Lending products, Trade, FX, and Cash Management as well as Approved Elsewhere Program (AEP) guidelines. This role requires excellent coordination with the overseas Parent Account Manager (PAM) on all matters related to Prospecting/Qualifying, Approving Unit Structuring, Approving Unit Underwriting/Approval, Extending Unit Due Diligence, Legal Documentation, Booking / Funding and managing the end-to-end CSG relationship.
- This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in Commercial Banking and become a founder member of the new CSG business in Nigeria.
- Active calling on subsidiaries of CCB customers in Nigeria
- Managing relationships with CCB customers in Nigeria, including cash management solutions, FX, trade and credit products
- Monitoring and supporting the products’ implementation process
- Supporting the international expansion of CCB customers
- Managing customers and transactions in the existing CRM platform
- Interaction with other CCB structures across the globe
- Verifying adherence to global KYC (Know Your Customer) standards during the referral management process
- Maintaining overall control and accountability for the managed cross-border transactions referrals.
- Customer acquisition and building relationships with subsidiary relationships in Nigeria
- Assessing credit needs and underwriting credit for subsidiaries
- Leading RFP solutions, working with product partners, and client presentation process
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other regional CCB teams to develop processes aligned with the requirements of CCB customers and identifying further business opportunities
- Interaction with cash management product and implementation teams to improve the product offering and service standards
- Adhere to internal control policies including KYC, completion and updating of all required documentation
- Must support and influence the sales process by applying business knowledge.
- University Degree
- A Postgraduate Degree or relevant professional qualifications is mandatory.
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 2 years must have been on the Assistant General Manger grade.
- Thorough understanding of banking products for middle market corporate customers
- Understanding of on-boarding process critical elements
- Experience in Commercial / Relationship Banking with international customers
- Ability to assess credit risk of the corporate client.
- Strong communication skills and well-structured work approach
- Independent and well organized
- Strong business orientation and ability to react well under pressure to immediate business needs
- Strong focus on delivery
- Ability to turn concepts into actual solutions that can be delivered
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence decisions at all levels
- Strong analytical skills with a motivation to learn
- Ability to follow through on risks/issues and track them to closure
- Experience in managing multiple project timelines and prioritizations.
Core Competencies Technical:
- Excellent computer skills
- Understanding of issues in the implementation / onboarding process.
- Exploring issues and generating solutions. Analysis and use of a diverse range of environmental and business information to identify business priorities and making decisions to deliver business benefits
- Team player with the ability to support the wider CCB team, as well as requesting support from the appropriate team members as required
- Ability to engage appropriately at all levels in the organization and build relationships with a variety of business and external sources.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.