The Federal College of Education, Abeokuta was established in 1976 and occupies 632.95 hectares of land at Osiele along Abeokuta-Ibadan road. The vision and philosophy of the College is to produce professionally trained teachers who will stand test of time in their areas of studies and be responsible to the dynamic needs of the society in the delivery and pursuit of educational excellence.
The College is a rapidly developing higher institution of learning with a student population of about 10,000 (regular and part time). The institution has a staff strength of about 900 personnel consisting of junior, senior administrative, technical, academic as well as other professionals who belong to appropriate labour unions and professional bodies. The demand of the phenomenal fast growth in student population and expansion of academic programmes in recent time has been met with corresponding growth in staff strength and physical structures, more complex financial operations and huge commitments to clients and stakeholders.
Applications are hereby invited from reputable firms for the position below:
Job Title: College Legal Retainer
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- The College Legal Retainer shall handle all matters of the College that require legal attention (including cases that go to courts of law) and work in liaison with the College Legal Officer.
- The responding firm must have evidence of valid / subsisting registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria as well as other necessary relevant professional bodies.
- The firm must have at least five years continuous service as Legal Retainer of an Institution of Higher Learning or any other similar Government establishment.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment of the College Legal Retainer shall be for one calendar year in the first instance, renewable upon satisfactory performance for a further period of four years.
- Negotiated fee shall be paid per annum while separate negotiation shall be made to determine the fee if and when the College have cases in law court(s).
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified reputable firms should send their completed registration documents with a copy of the Company Profile and Curriculum Vitae of Principal Officers/Partners, in a securely sealed envelope boldly marked “LEGAL RETAINER” to:
Federal College of Education,
Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Note: Interested firms are requested to pay a non-refundable registration/documentation fee of Fifty Thousand Naira only (N50,000) at the College Bursary and obtain registration documents from the College Registrar