The Federal College of Education, Abeokuta was established in 1976 and occupies 632.95 hectares of land at Osiele along Abeokuta-Ibadan road. The vision and philosophy of the College is to produce professionally trained teachers who will stand test of time in their areas of studies and be responsible to the dynamic needs of the society in the delivery and pursuit of educational excellence.
The College is a rapidly developing higher institution of learning with a student population of about 10,000 (regular and part time). The institution has a staff strength of about 900 personnel consisting of junior, senior administrative, technical, academic as well as other professionals who belong to appropriate labour unions and professional bodies. The demand of the phenomenal fast growth in student population and expansion of academic programmes in recent time has been met with corresponding growth in staff strength and physical structures, more complex financial operations and huge commitments to clients and stakeholders.
Applications are hereby invited from reputable firms for the position below:
Job Title: College External Auditor
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- The College External Auditor shall audit the financial records of the College and on completion of every audit exercise, report to the Governing Council.
- The responding firm must be a registered auditing firm with evidence of registration / renewal of registration with the Office of the Auditor General for the Federation in the year for which appointment is being sought and must be licensed by a professional body as a practicing accounting firm.
- The firm must have experience in the audit of institution of Higher Learning or any other Government establishment for at least a period of five years.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment of the College External Auditor shall be for one calendar year in the first instance, renewable upon satisfactory performance for a further period of four years.
- Negotiable in line with rules guiding the appointment of External Auditors in Federal Government service.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified reputable firms should send their completed registration documents with a copy of the Company Profile and Curriculum Vitae of Principal Officers/Partners, in a securely sealed envelope boldly marked “EXTERNAL AUDITOR” to:
Federal College of Education,
Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Note: Interested firms are requested to pay a non-refundable registration/documentation fee of Fifty Thousand Naira only (N50,000) at the College Bursary and obtain registration documents from the College Registrar.