Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Solution Architect – Digital & Application Innovation
Job number: 1131988
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Profession: Customer Success
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Travel: 25-50 %
- As a Cloud Solution Architect, your understanding of the customers’ overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures will help you to recommend integration strategies, architectures, platforms, and application infrastructures based on best practices on Microsoft Azure.
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Design solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, event-driven and microservice architectures, etc.) as appropriate.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. To achieve this, lead the execution of technical engagements such as Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, and Hackathons.
- Be the Voice of the Customer; share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers, drive platform evolution and share best practices.
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to help customers develop the technical skills & expertise they need to succeed. Develop a structured learning/enablement plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Be inclusive and collaborative in your work practices, driving teamwork and working with virtual teams across functions & geographies.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Be a learn-it-all and apply a growth mindset, with a belief that your skills can always be improved through honest reflection and persistent effort. Understand and keep up to date with technology trends and opportunities.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Application development platforms on public clouds and/or Azure including development frameworks and languages.
- Scalable architectures using API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, AKS etc.), microservice frameworks, Azure App Service, etc.
- Ability to build deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and developers in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Ability to solve customer problems through applications development and cloud technologies.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Engineers).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.