Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: City Manager – On-Demand Services – Jumia
Locations: Ilorin, Kwara; Benin, Edo; Ogun; Kaduna; Uyo Aba, Abia Warri, Asaba Delta, Oshogbo
Job type: Full Time
- On the one hand you will work as a member of our sales and account management team and be responsible for identifying, approaching and signing contracts with restaurant partners. You will help develop our offering to partners and manage key accounts and help to grow existing businesses by leveraging your sales and relationship management skills.
- In addition to this, the role will have an operational component and you will manage the local rider base and have to ensure that local operations are handled effectively. After closing the contract you will continue your relationship with restaurant partners and identify and conduct initiatives to activate them.
- We are looking for a generalist who is passionate about Jumia Food and enjoys interacting and negotiating with partners. You’ll leverage your skills in emailing, cold-calling, and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being responsible for the entire sales process with new partners to source and negotiate the best products in your city to deliver it to our customers
- Driving expansion of existing clients as well as generating new business at prospect chains
- Managing contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Identifying and building best practices for your sales team and others
- Ensuring end-to-end operational excellence with partners, customers, customer service agents and riders
- Maintaining city staff (riders) by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training riders.
- Recommending programs and services by identifying and anticipating new trends.
- Reporting into the Head of Sales and Account Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Sales – preferably in a startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations is a plus
- Proactive, organized, and obsessed with details and accuracy
- Know how to negotiate your way into a super deal through sales techniques and persuasion
- Having excellent communication skills. Eloquent, with good grammar and writing skills
- Autonomous and self-starter who is able to work in a highly demanding environment
- Computer literate; good knowledge of Google Docs and MS Office.
What We Offer
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online