The Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Rector for the general administration / operational duties and supervision of the Security Division as well as ensuring the protection of lives and properties, crime prevention and enforcement of Polytechnic regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least ten (10) years cognate experience in the Police or Armed Forces and security work and must not be below the rank of Chief Superintendent of Police or its equivalent.
- An intelligence or crime management background would be an advantage.
- He/she should be capable of maintaining and developing the necessary security and policing arrangement, covering both day and night shifts.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service for the position areas obtainable in Federal Polytechnics in the country.
- The appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- No and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Current contact Address with telephone Number(s)/Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words).
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Confidential Reports of three (3) Referees on the candidate.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials are to be submitted, in a sealed envelope with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope, by hand or post to:
Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe
P.M.B. 110, Yenagoa,
- Reference Letters from 3 Referees under confidential cover should be forwarded to the address above closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.