African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja and Abidjan and will open an East Africa branch office shortly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer – African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Are you looking for a new, exciting and challenging opportunity to expand your portfolio of expertise? We would like to invite an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead our finance function at our ground breaking healthcare facility in Nigeria, West Africa!
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has announced the commencement of its African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) project in Abuja, Nigeria. It will provide excellent healthcare to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent.
- The AMCE in Partnership with King’s College Hospital London will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region.
- We are looking for a proven CFO who has ideally taken a rapidly growing business to a sale, listing, or has strong transactional experience.
- They must be entrepreneurial and creative in their mind set, with evidence of strategic input, and be able to support the rest of the leadership team in realising the business’ potential.
- Also, ensuring that the organisation is best placed to deliver the highest quality of care, meeting the expectations of patients, carers, commissioners and the wider system.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly results-driven, with the energy and determination to succeed where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success.
- Strong strategic planning skills – the ability to put financial and risk decisions into the context of the short, medium and long-term business needs
- Open to change and driving continuous improvement in timeliness, accuracy and controllership through the core activities under their control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that annual and strategic plans are developed which will ensure the most effective use of resources in the interests of improving patient safety and care.
- Provide leadership, advise and guide managers across the AMCE on all aspects of finance and procurement as an Executive Director.
- Ensure that financial services and systems within the AMCE are fit for purpose and support the development of a culture of sound business management throughout the AMCE.
- Lead the finance team and facilitate and provide training opportunities for finance, information and procurement of staff.
- Ensuring the AMCE meets its commitments under any sustainable development management plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of education
- Qualified Accountant and recognised by a professional accounting body
- Demonstrable experience of having responsibility for all aspects of the finances of a sizeable complex organisation and significant senior management experience in a Healthcare establishment, operating at Board level
- Evidence of recent management leadership development
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
- Potential applicants must have passion and drive to ensure that the AMCE, Abuja aspires to the same standards King’s College Hospital is renowned for.
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- Indemnity insurance
- Exclusive Memberships.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Letter to “Natasha Elliott” at: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.