African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja and Abidjan and will open an East Africa branch office shortly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer – African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Working time: Full-time
- Are you looking for a new, exciting and challenging opportunity to expand your portfolio of expertise? We would like to invite an experienced Chief Executive Officer to lead our ground breaking healthcare facility in Nigeria, West Africa!
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has announced the commencement of its African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) project in Abuja, Nigeria. It will provide excellent healthcare to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent. The AMCE in Partnership with King’s College Hospital London will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region.
- The Chief Executive Officer will be accountable to the board and external regulators for the performance of the AMCE by ensuring that the Centre remains financially sustainable and nurturing a strong governance culture based on the values of the AMCE and King’s College Hospital. They will provide a dynamic and visible leadership of the AMCE both internally and externally, pursuing the ambitious strategy to deliver the very best in healthcare to the local communities and beyond. Ensuring that the organisation is best placed to deliver the highest quality of care, meeting the expectations of patients, carers, commissioners and the wider system.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have the strategic vision to lead and transform the organisation whilst keeping an unrelenting focus on the delivery of high-quality care.
- Have a demonstrable record of accomplishments in a healthcare establishment at Board level or equivalent.
- Be an excellent partner who makes a positive contribution to the wider system.
- Model the AMCE’s commitment to inclusion and equity and our new values: “We’re Kind / We’re Fair / We Listen / We Care”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a strategic vision for the AMCE, to improve patient services incorporating local, regional and national health objectives and policies whilst ensuring that quality and patient safety are at the heart of the AMCE.
- Maintain the most effective organisational structure, with focus on mechanisms for the proper involvement of staff in decision-making.
- Create an appropriate environment, both internally and externally, to enable the AMCE to achieve its service and financial objectives and provide a strong and respected voice for the AMCE across Nigeria and the wider African continent and international health economies.
- Provide leadership for the AMCE’s organisational development programme in line with the Joint Commission International Accreditation
- Lead the Executive Directors and senior management team in the management of the AMCE.
- Support the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Nurse Officer to ensure the positive and effective implementation of clinical governance.
- Work in partnership with staff at all levels to create a working environment that is professionally and personally rewarding with high levels of staff engagement.
- Direct all the AMCE activities to achieve the most efficient and effective provision of healthcare to the highest quality.
- Represent the organisation to patients, suppliers, government, other local and National healthcare providers, regulators, charities, investors, the media and wider stakeholders including King’s College Hospital and The Christie Hospital.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and a post graduate Degree / or equivalent level of education in Business Management, Finance, an analytical stem science or equivalent through training and experience
- Highly successful and widely respected track record of Board Level leadership and strategic management within a large, complex organisation in either the public or private sectors
- Strong evidence of successfully managing transformational change to deliver improved performance in a highly complex operational setting
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- Indemnity insurance
- Exclusive Memberships.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Letter to “Natasha Elliott” at: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.