Deloitte Nigeria – Our client is one of Nigeria’s most resilient financial institution with decades of experience in the business of banking who has successfully built a legacy of trust and won the loyalty of its customers with products and services tailored to the needs of its customers helping them achieve their personal and financial goals.
They are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Dealer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The job holder is responsible for managing the Bank’s foreign exchange and commodity trading operations.
- This will involve generating incremental income through proprietary trading, as well as managing the Banks asset and liability positions.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Identify and manage funding needs in local / foreign currency based on requirements and implement optimal funding strategies.
- Management of asset-liability position of the bank by funding the Bank’s book in the safest and most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure optimal utilization of excess funds by placement / investment with financial institutions as per approvals and guidelines of the management.
- Manage net foreign exchange exposure by hedging forex risk and money market on behalf of the bank in accordance with overall objectives and the regulatory framework to earn adequate dealing profits and trading on major currency as propriety trading.
- Generate forex and large deposit business for the bank by identifying profitable opportunities and directing resources to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Negotiate rates for placement of funds and sourcing of funds. Advise the branches /offices about exchange / interest rates to be quoted to customers.
- Ensure that all stipulated ratios such as lending Ratio, liquidity ratios and reserve requirements are maintained as per internal limits.
- Liaise with investment brokers, banks, financial institutions, and regulatory authorities on managing the treasury activities efficiently.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of transaction as required by the management, auditors, and branches
- Coordinate with corporates and financial institutions to ensure that all regulatory documentation and processes are followed through to ensure uninterrupted business exchange.
- Identify the training and development needs of treasury in conjunction with Training Department and ensure that staff is adequately skilled to undertake future business requirements of the Bank.
- Steer relationship with Treasury clients and initiate new business relationships thereby enhancing customer base.
- Manage and forecast Asset and Liability mismatch in line with regulatory guidelines as well as review and update Treasury manual.
- Market Treasury products to existing and prospective customers and institutions and ensure the budget of the department is achieved.
- Periodic review of Treasury limits to counter parties based on reciprocity and diversification of risk.
- MBA-Finance / Chartered Accountant / CFA or equivalent qualifications.
- Knowledge in International Trade products and services / Finance Operations
- At least 10 years experience in a similar position.
- Analytical thinking based on available information and effective decision-making abilities.
- Strong relationship management traits and risk management.
- Good understanding of treasury products and settlement procedures.
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services to customers
- Good understanding of asset and liability management and Sound knowledge of banking products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Expert trading skills in both local currency and exchange related transactions
- Expert knowledge of money market instruments available for investment including interest rate structures
- Depth in Total Quality Management.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online