Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Channel Manager
Location: Edo, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
- To sustain and enhance targeted gross revenue and gross acquisition in respective SME business by effective implementation of planned sales and channel management strategies.
- Identify and recruit suitable channel partners who will drive the effective acquisition of SME customers
- Ensure adherence of channel partners to all guidelines as this will help ensure their profitability and sustain demand. Responsible for the implementation, acquisition & retention strategy for prospective and existing accounts in the zone
- Grow the usage of Corporate products in the states
- Drive the sales of Mobile Advertising products directly and through channel partners
- Create exceptional opportunities to sell non voice products such as data, leased circuit, dedicated internet etc.
- Create opportunities to run presentations of Corporate products to SMB /SME all segments in the Zones, directly and through channel partners
- Responsible for SME/SMB account development and relationship management process for accounts in the channel guided by the signed service level agreement.
- Maximize sales through effective execution and implementation of placement and distribution strategies
- Encourage and develop opportunities to have Airtel presence in all RETAIL & SME COMPANIES in the zones.
- Visit a minimum of 3 channel partners per week. Such visit should be targeted as ensuring availability of POS materials, reviewing performance against target, reviewing product knowledge of field sales agents and taking corrective actions as required
- Facilitate and coordinate the recruitment, training and development of Field Sales agents
- Constantly ensure field sales employees are optimally deployed by advising channel partners and dealers on SIM Cards and other products billing on SnD portal, route planning, territory management, etc.
- Monitor the activities of competition in our target market and customer segment and develop or recommend counter measures to win competition
- Co-ordinate with learning & Development and marketing for product, process and behavioral trainings of field sales employees and channel partners
- Work with service delivery and support bill delivery and collection in the zone
- Accountability for ensuring that agreed target are cascaded across channel partners and field sales agents
- Responsibility for managing performance variances and reallocating targets as required
- Ensure appropriate branding is carried by all active outlets within the zone.
- Identify visibility opportunities for Airtel brand within the zone
- Presence at relevant events, ensuring expected benefits are realized
- Reduce debt portfolio and churn in your segment
- Carry out all other functions as directed by the SME Sales Manager
Education & Experience
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related course.
- 3-5 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & telecom.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing sales channel or Key Accounts.
Skills & Competencies:
- Managing and monitoring channel partners.
- Expanding our acquisition drive, and retaining accounts.
- Creating visibility of Airtel products and services.
- Effective and timely communication of all schemes and product launches to existing customers and channel partners.
- Expanding SME/SMB sales coverage by appointing new channel partners.
- Achieving Results, & Delighting the Customer.
- Team Player; Independent, Confident, and Objective.
- Attention to detail/ excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ready to achieve beyond set target.
- Committed to common goals and values of the organization.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online