Dragnet Solutions Limited – Our client, a leading diversified company operating in the Food and Beverage, Real Estate, Paint and Logistics sectors of the economy is currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Category Buyer – Raw and Packaging Materials
- The ideal candidate will report to the Procurement Manager and ensure the availability of all raw and packaging materials of the right quality, right quantity, best price and at the right time.
Primary Role Output
- Develop and implement category and sourcing strategy for all raw and packaging materials spend managed
- Conduct research on market developments, price and cost developments by applying cost models
- Ensure there is an updated report on market situations of all Raw and Packaging Materials; both locally and internationally.
- Implement sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives; providing the company a competitive advantage in the areas of both local and imported material supplies
- Continuously develop and manage a pool of raw and packaging materials providers equipped to deliver items with food-industry hygiene standards and no compromises
- Define the scope of spend and collect, identify and validate requirements based on volume specifications for all raw and packaging materials
- Evaluate supplier performance
- Perform detailed internal and external analysis of market and suppliers
- Develop, prioritize and validate sourcing strategy
- Monitor market developments
- Provide local and global market intelligence for sourcing strategies as required by the business
- Perform all sourcing activities on time and with high quality for raw material spend with best value for money.
Tendering, Negotiations and Supplier Selection:
- Obtains stock replenishment advice for all materials from planning manager, places advert, collates and analyses the quotations in line with the procurement policy.
- Ensure volume allocation according to competitiveness and reliability.
- Organize negotiation meetings for material procurement where necessary.
- Tender and negotiate contracts and prices for raw and packaging materials of spend managed.
- Negotiate the best credit terms for the BU in order to maximize working capital.
- Seek the approval of the Buying Committee for spend categories.
- Raises Purchase Orders for materials based on agreed best price, material specifications and approved quantities.
- Expedite deliveries and ensure timeliness of all deliveries.
- Put Contracts in place at a competitive cost and quality compliance (best value) for spending of the category managed.
- Ensure contractual terms are in line with the sourcing strategy of the category.
- Ensure there is no breach of agreement, standards and procedures.
- Track and report key contractual functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Ensure raw and packaging materials spend is managed within relevant authority levels (as defined by the procurement policy) on volumes, price, quality, delivery and other conditions, liabilities, responsibilities and service levels. Consult legal where necessary.
- Recommend appropriate penalties for defaulting suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Execute supplier relationship management, planned visits, share innovations.
- Creation and ownership of own Personal Development Plan, with the aim of working on the development targets formulated in this plan throughout the year
- Creation and ownership of pay for performance plan to drive deliverables and contribution to operations throughout the year.
Governance and Admin:
- Have up to date information on products under development for follow up on raw material implications.
- Ensure the procurement of goods and services are done in line with the company’s procurement policy and guidelines.
- Execute regular update and review of the categories’ vendor master data and ensure compliance with procurement policy strategic guide on company direction and plan for supplier’s complimentary preparedness
- Recommend appropriate penalties for defaulting suppliers
- Work closely with the planners, marketing, and product development management to ensure smooth product launches
- Have up to date information on products under development for follow up on material implications.
- B.Sc. or HND
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience in Quality Assurance, Planning, Operational Management, Procurement Officer, Buyer, preferably in FMCG
- Knowledge in Science, Social Science, Business Administration, or Supply Chain Management
- Excellent Relationship Management, must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, good analytical skills, negotiation skill, proactive and result-oriented, high integrity and strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret work independently under pressure and time constraints
- Advance Diploma- CIPS.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online