Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Analyst – Home, Beauty, Fashion – Jumia
Employment type: Full-time
Department: Commercial – Analysts
- The Category Analyst is the owner of the P&L of his managed categories. As part of his job, the Category Analyst will have to show a great expertise of his categories with a great knowledge of the dynamics of the market.
- The Category Analyst will be interacting mostly with Account Managers at Jumia.
- Responsible for defining the assortment strategy, ensuring that key products are always available with the best market prices.
- The Category Analyst will be working on identifying consumer insights in order to unlock growth.
- He will be responsible for defining and steering the promotional campaign covering his categories.
- Based on his expertise, the Category Analyst will also be the owner of allocating of the key sellers that are leading his category.
- Steer the full P&L of the category
- Define assortment strategy
- Ensuring 100% availability of key products
- Develop deep consumer insights on the category through consumer focus groups
- Identifies key pain points and frictions from consumers and defines plans to eliminate them
- Knows all key players in this category and market share structure at region level
- Plan category related promotional events
- Revamp the ecosystem of tools and reports for account managers
- Helps steering the performance of key JBP
- Input specific Sales Force battles to the team
- 2-3 years experience in a top-tier consulting firm, e-commerce company or investment bank
- Top 1% Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online