Salpha Energy Limited is a social, for-profit business founded in 2017 that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 200 million national consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Cashier has the primary responsibility of handling customer purchasing and payments while facilitating a good interaction/relationship with the customer.
- A Cashier is entrusted with the key responsibilities of complementing the customer shopping experience by evaluating the customer’s purchases and handling the customers’ payments for goods and services while making the process as enjoyable and least stressful as possible.
- Assist to achieve branch budgeted sales and profit targets.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the checkout stations and other front-end equipment to ensure that they are kept in full working order at all times and all faults (if discovered) are to report immediately to superiors.
- Ensure checkouts equipment is kept neat and tidy at all times and spillages are cleaned up immediately.
- Ensure that all checkout stations’ ancillary devices-such as POS; scanners; price display attachments, etc. are in good/working condition:
- Maintain the stock and availability of checkout station’s consumables such as shopping bags; thermal roll; printer roll; availability of small denominations for use as change.
- Ensure products presented by customers are properly handled to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Crosschecking items presented for purchase by customers to see that they are in good condition.
- Scanning all the items presented for purchase by the customer.
- Ensure each customer’s trolley/basket is emptied before communicating the total amount to the customer.
- Communicate the amount to the customer.
- Processing various forms of tender e.g. cash, cheques, debit card, and gift vouchers presented by the customer as means of payment.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 3 – 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.