United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Officer
Locations: Lagos and Ebonyi
- Act as a leader to enhance team performance to the delight of customers through efficient transaction processing.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and timely service delivery to customers at all customer service units.
- Provide service support needs for tellers; ensure the teller cubicles are manned and functional at all times.
- Maintain a customer friendly disposition at all times.
- Ensure prompt TAT in line with service level agreement.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of reports to internal and external parties as required from time to time.
- Acknowledge of MICR cheques issued on the system.
- Supervise the activities of all tellers.
- Prompt and accurate consummation of all transactions within the bank’s approved turnaround time
- Administration of Cash and Vault.
- Ensure availability and workability of working tools for tellers
- Authorize all cash transactions above tellers’ limits
- Review teller’s payout limit, taking into cognizance the teller’s error rates
- Ensure that branch ATMs are functional at all times and that the ATMs do not run out of cash
- Ensure transaction vouchers are called over after the close of business daily
- Maintain up-to-date cash tellers’ proofs and vault registers.
- Ensure the branch maintains cash holdings within the approved COP limit.
- Ensure zero fraud tolerance / error rates.
- We are looking to hire talented and experienced individuals with 3 years’ banking operations experience in a commercial bank for our branches in Lagos and Ebonyi state.
- The ideal candidates must currently work in a commercial bank with minimum of 3 years’ experience in Teller functions in the banking industry.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent Numerical skills.
- Customer friendly disposition.
- Supervisory skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Fast and error free processing.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Teller Operations.
- Basic Accounting knowledge.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Cashier activities.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online