Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Unit Manager – Markets
Job Req ID: 21401660
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family Group: Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family: Business Administration
- Africa Markets is growing and becoming a strategic region. Given the expansion of Markets activities in Africa and the increasing regulatory focus around control-related tasks this role is critical to maintaining a robust control environment across multiple desks and businesses.
- The Business Manager is responsible for various risk, control and administrative activities and will also be required to work on an enhanced Governance and Oversight Framework. This will include assisting with implementing risk and control initiatives such as preventative controls, data quality, valuations, managing external audits, addressing legal entity and regulatory issues and business continuity activities.
- Due to enhanced regulatory scrutiny, the Business Manager will have responsibility for ensuring legal vehicle controls are in place to support the Head of Markets. The role is to assist in business growth through maintaining a sound control environment, facilitating new business initiatives, product expansion and driving technology change within the business.
- This role requires extensive liaison with multiple functions within the business and support functions at all levels, including Risk, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Operations and Technology as well as liaison with other Markets Businesses and Legal Vehicles.
- To accomplish these objectives the candidate will need a diverse and wide range of skills and knowledge / expertise, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to ensure alignment across Function, Product and Geography. The Business Manager coordinates and manages activities such as the tracking of business financials, employee headcount and other administrative needs as necessary including ad hoc projects as needed.
- The role will be based in one of the Africa countries and will report to the Africa Business Unit Manager.
- Partner with local and regional business management team to ensure alignment of business goals
- Assist leadership and stakeholders with developing projects, determining strategies, and defining/providing metrics
- Liaise with regional and product partners on relevant control and regulatory updates, especially items for escalation and mgmt. awareness
- Proactively manage the outstanding issues and CAPs to resolution or mgmt. reporting across product, country and cluster.
- Implement and maintain a robust escalation framework to ensure relevant stakeholders are apprised of issues
- Support country and cluster Markets heads in their oversight of the risk & control framework
- Keep up to date on regulatory obligations and deliverables, incorporating relevant functional and product partners
- Ensure robust oversight of Markets issues pertaining to legal entity requirements
- Advance control framework including executing Manager’s Control Assessment testing, operational loss processes, and corrective actions
- Prepare materials, record minutes, and follow-up as needed on items for business committees and/ or regular business meetings
- Seek out sources, track, consolidate and analyze ad-hoc and regular business requests
- Drive implementation of business-driven projects across functions, working closely with relevant senior leadership
- Provide input into and recommend technology change, process improvements and control framework enhancements
- Seek out and ensure corrective actions are implemented for control related issues and remedial action is taken
- Communicate business knowledge, product knowledge, and requirements to business and internal support functions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- The job may require limited travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree / University Degree or equivalent experience
Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with foreign exchange and/or interest rate products preferred
- Demonstrated expertise of Microsoft Office product suite; basic macro coding experience and proficiency in Microsoft Access and PowerPoint preferred
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online