Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Performance Manager
Job Code: BPMgrs-S&M-070322
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To : Head, Commercial Performance
Category: DCP – Sales & Marketing
- Provide support to the Head Commercial Performance in designing, implementing, and integrating performance management framework in the breadth of the commercial function of the business.
- Oversee and manage all activities related to the Corporate Performance Management Framework and manage all communication, sensitization and monitoring of the process to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the unit under his/her jurisdiction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the Performance Management system to enable employee/ team understanding of the goals of the function and to identify how their individual and team outputs contribute to the achievement of objectives; specifically, through managing the performance cycle to ensure cross-functional alignment and intra-functional cascading of business goals and Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversee all strategic initiatives of the unit from development through to monitoring and tracking to ensure successful execution and ultimately reporting back on results/outcomes viz-a-viz the initial strategic objectives
- Displays effective oversight in respect of the unit under the purview on crucial projects, track and report on progress and comparisons of Planned ROI and actual ROI.
- Collaboration: Provide Support to all Unit leadership team to ensure that all commitments are delivered on time and in full.
- Participate in the Annual Business Planning process for the unit and draw from these the KPIs which should be aligned to the functional leadership team. Aligned KPIs should be further broken down into team KPIs and cascaded effectively,
- Provide leadership and coordination for Performance Management and improvement initiatives/ projects, ensuring their alignment to improving the business’s operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness; and ultimately evaluating the impact that these initiatives have on organizational performance.
- Ensure all business processes within the unit run smoothly and efficiently, 100% of all teams are covered by the BPMS routines and procedures, all meetings abide by BPMS principles. Responsible for ensuring that action points raised from all BPMS review meetings across the unit are followed up on and closed timely to improve the unit/function performance.
- Develop and prepare an analysis to summarize trends, propose potential implications and identify new opportunities and threats in the marketplace. Analyze data for potential signals (even weak signals) of marketplace disruptions.
- Develop and maintain a robust database of information to ensure the provision of timely and trusted content on the Cement industry including market opportunities across the Nigerian market – key trends, customer activities, key competitors, regulatory frameworks, etc.
- Track and monitor the Group’s performance and develop reports which capture the key contributions of each market to overall corporate performance, recommending improvements where required
- Conduct periodic market and industry scanning including data gathering activities on market dynamics and ensure regular analysis of the Group’s competitors to proactively identify market trends across Nigeria.
- Build models of key competitive/business metrics, e.g., market sizing across lines of business, market share etc. Review market and competitor data to uncover market opportunities and address business.
- Understand, report and follow through on all issues affecting the unit’s performance showing detailed action points and responsible persons for execution, seeing all issues to closure.
- Report timely and accurately on all hot issues affecting the unit immediately it arises, track monthly hot issues KPIs and ensure responsible people follow up on all action points.
- Hold BPMS training for BPMS SPOC and new hires in the unit to ensure that BPMS is ingrained in the culture of the business and the performance culture re/defined.
- Academic Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field
- Experience: 8 – 10 years related job experience
- Preferred Industry : FMCG / Manufacturing.
Skills & Competence:
- Clear evidence of leading a successful Performance Management approach which has delivered a positive impact
- Self-directed leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new tools and processes who can handle numerous projects concurrently.
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortably pivots into complex strategy discussions informed by data and research
- Outstanding team player with the ability to work and influence people at all levels
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills. An appreciation of how to communicate and embed change with a diverse audience
- Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
- Substantial problem-solving skills with strategic focus on process mapping, task management and execution
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to interpret numerical and written data, identify trends and provide contextual reports.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online