Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Partner, People and Culture
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Provide input into the operational and strategic planning in the business area by providing a view on the strategic priorities that have been identified for People and Culture at a group and business line level.
- Analyse the impact of internal (projects, systems, process, structure) changes as well as external (market dynamics, labour issues, regulatory changes, union involvement) on the people in the business area. Ensure that the business is adequately prepared to deal with the people impacts. Create and drive the implementation of transition plans.
- Taking into consideration business plans for expansion or disinvestment, support line managers to plan their workforce requirements for the year ahead. Proactively identify gaps and create improvement plans with support from resourcing and learning teams. In business areas where the functionality exists, work with workforce planning or productivity managers to ensure that People and Culture governance is adhered to.
- Continuously engage with employees and line managers in the business unit to determine the level of engagement. Identify areas of concern and address with the business unit’s leadership.
- Track all employees on performance improvement plans and monitor closure/exit. Monitor the performance improvement process and ensure that governance and documentation standards are adhered to.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of all People and Culture processes and policies. Guide line managers across the business on how to interpret and apply the requirements and what the business benefits are of doing so.
- Act as the change champion for improvements in People and Culture processes and systems by explaining the benefits to line managers. Call on support from the group teams in the change management process if needed.
- Conduct detailed trend analysis on metrics and indicators to create a proactive view of emerging risks in the business area. Provide a summary view to the business together with potential mitigation plans.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online