Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer – SME
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- We are looking for an experienced Business Development Officer – SME who is responsible for acquiring & managing a loan portfolio of SME clients.
- You will execute duties with the goal of optimizing the mix of Company sales and bad debt losses.
- Acquisition and management of own SME loan portfolio, preferably short-tenor loans.
- Partner with Line Manager in developing weekly/monthly plans with regards to client mobilization and individual performance goals.
- Successfully initiate and partner with reputable organizations to facilitate lending to their customers.
- Maintain a good knowledge of assigned market geographical areas and understand clients’ needs with competing products.
- Explain to clients the different types of loans and credit options that are available as well as the terms of those services for further cross-selling.
- Research and develop business opportunities within assigned geographical zones and engage in market research and impact studies upon request.
- Ensure each loan disbursed is in compliance with Carbon SME lending policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present reports as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Conduct preliminary credit investigations to analyze applicants’ willingness and repayment capacity to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Ensure completeness of credit application and follow-up until loan disbursement.
- Undertake any other responsibilities as required in line with Carbon policies and procedures.
- B.Sc / BA in Finance and Banking, Accounting or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the financial services industry with a strong track record in granting SME loans, preferably from a Fintech.
- Communicator and persuasive with the ability to close SME loan deals in a timely manner.
- A strategic thinker who looks beyond the obvious to solve problems and get results.
- Team leader, persuasive, innovative, and analytical.
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency.
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)