Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Partners
Job Number: 1315630
Employment type: Full-Time
Profession: Sales Enablement
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 25-50 %
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Africa is one of the best places on the planet to bring our mission to life. It is home to 1.3B people and 54 countries.
- The talent in Africa reflects a tremendously rich and diverse potential that can truly impact the world over the next few decades.
- Being the youngest continent in the world with a median age of just 19.5 years, Africa is contributing to +12M youth being added to the global labor force every year. By 2040, half of the world’s young people will live in Africa.
- Africa’s growth is propelled by being a mobile first continent which is fueling connectivity, innovation, and scalability.
- Our aspiration is to transform Africa to a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s transformation needs
- The BDM is responsible for the 360-degree business relationship with Microsoft’s key strategic start ups. The BDM is responsible for engaging with the very highest-level ranking executives between the Start Ups and Microsoft, building trust by sharing insights about how to capitalize on market opportunities by partnering with Microsoft.
- The BDM leads the building of the joint business plan with the start ups to define their solutions portfolio, Go-To-Market, sales and marketing strategies, and driving implementation of all aspects of the strategy by orchestrating relationships between the start ups technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft’s to ensure excellence in execution of the strategy and achieving partnership growth goals and sales targets.
- The BDM is also responible on the commercial framework and all commercial and Business asspects in the relashionship.
- As the BDM Partner, you will be a key member of the Africa Transformation Offcie Starts Up team with the below responsibilities.
- Help Start Ups transform and grow their business in the cloud by developing comprehensive Start up Business Plans for a portfolio of start ups to identify short and long-term strategic goals and tactical execution.
- Build strong relationships with Microsoft and Start Up key stakeholders to design a portfolio of differentiated Cloud solutions/ applications that leverages the Microsoft cloud.
- Guides Start Ups to build a solutions portfolio aligned with market opportunities.
- Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities.
- Track pipeline health on key deals to accelerate sales momentum and cloud consumption; manages and maintains a global community of Microsoft field PDMs that have been assigned to drive co-selling with the start ups and partners in their geography.
- Ensure hand-offs to and engagements with the appropriate resources at the appropriate sales phase, to maximize win probability and minimize time to close, make proper decisions resolve issues with local leadership and escalate as required.
- Drive performance management through monthly/quarterly reviews to review overall start up business performance across the organization and to measure progress against the goals/KPIs in the start up Business Plan.
- Drive continuous optimization of start up performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, consumption, usage, and start up.
- Develop strategic content that will allow better positioning of our partnership internally and externally.
Start Up Centered:
- Recruits new Start ups and leverages current partners to grow business. Interacts with partners and key decision makers to identify new opportunities to sell Microsoft products and services.
- Uses a variety of strategies to convey the value of partnering with Microsoft over competitors based on start up Combats competition throughout the selling and account management lifecycle.
- Sells account vision to decision makers and complex partners by aligning overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the start ups business goals.
Start Up Transformation:
- Develops and executes strategic start up business plans for all managed start ups that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation.
- Develops plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with start up needs and capabilities.
- Participates in internal and external events as a Microsoft representative to learn about start up business, build a strong professional network, and maintain up-to-date awareness of industry and competitors
Solution and Services:
- Assembles and leads cross-functional virtual internal teams (e.g., category, surface, specialist sales, marketing) to guide start ups and to develop comprehensive business plans based on start up needs and Microsoft sales goals.
- Leverages internal resources to develop go-to-market and co-selling strategies that define activities and expectations to meet Microsoft and Start Up sales goals. Prioritizes accounts for developing go-to-market strategies.
- Evaluates managed Start Up portfolio to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps in Start Up Proposes existing products and solutions or recommends new solutions in which Start Ups can jointly invest to fill gaps. Aligns Start Ups needs and interests with market opportunities.
- 5+ years Start up partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations or related field AND 5+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, capabilities and solutions that generate partner growth and innovation..
- 5 -10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry.
- Deep strategic advisor and executive relationship management experience driving sales with partners in commercial businesses.
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Strong influence and orchestrator skills helping align Microsoft and partner resources to drive solutions that support customer needs.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort.
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency.
- Cloud technology backgound or education/ certifications will be a big advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online