Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Lifestyle
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
- Develop key businesses, growth strategies, tactics, and action plans and successfully execute within agreed timelines to meet relevant KPIs and financial targets.
- Devising strategies for driving lifestyle transaction growth across Quickteller channels
- Devising strategies for driving marketplaces transaction growth across Quickteller channels
- Identify new business opportunities – including new products, markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Prepare business justification plans to address identified business opportunities, and work with the product team to create a product market fit
- Proposes potential business deals by contacting potential strategic partners; discovering and exploring opportunities with said partners to leverage their existing network/offerings, Developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Ensure adequate financial projection and monitoring of revenue Monitor process completion and go-live Monitor competitors and review Interswitch’s offerings considering competitors’ developments
- Drive the expansion of Interswitch’s lifestyle & marketplace offerings into other African markets using the Quickteller Brand
- Contribute to Interswitch’s evaluation strategy by ensuring Quickteller’s dominance in the lifestyle & commerce space
- Work with various internal groups to drive the profitability of Quickteller’s consumer business
- Closely track the business metrics and analytics, and works with the product manager to identify and resolve issues.
- Good First Degree from a reputable institution
- An MBA would be an added advantage.
- 6 – 8 years in similar role in the B2C space.
- Research and Strategy
- Business/Market Intelligence
- Business Analysis
- Customer Insights
- Presentation Skills
- Contract Negotiation
- Lead Generation.
- Manage and Prioritise time
- Plan, organize and schedule work
- Active Listening
- Sound decision making (weighing risk factors optimally)
- Think clearly and analytically
- Leadership and people management.
- Personal Credibility
- Customer (internal & external) focus
- Excellent Oral & Written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online