First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Identification: 490
Purpose of Role
- To develop, acquire, grow, and maintain new business leads for FBN UK products especially Mortgages, Wealth Management and Financial Institutions.
- Under the strategic guidance of the EBDB, the role aims to lead the Nigeria Representative Offices (NRO) team in Lagos in a manner that achieves the right balance between growth, profitability, productivity, and risk.
Primary Responsibilities of Role
- Develop leads from personal network, client referrals and FBN group.
- Facilitate the onboarding of clients for FBN UK products and services in accordance with UK and FBNUK procedures and regulations.
- Lead and drive the relationship between FBNL Business Units- Private Banking and Retail Banking in particular, coordinating activities in terms of collaboration for referrals and cross selling.
- Generate and forward potential client leads to RMs in the UK; Follow up with leads from RM’s and provide all necessary support to facilitate onboarding.
- Proactively develop, anticipate, and provide solutions to client needs and give high priority to client satisfaction, with responsibility for exceeding agreed service targets and objectives, particularly those relating to new client growth targets.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date call report and database of all new clients.
- Promote a strong service culture in the NRO through leading by example.
- Actively follow up on all inactive/dormant accounts and achieve a 50% reactivation.
- Monitor and grow the Bank’s existing relationships, ensuring increased business activity, volumes, and profitability from such relationships.
- To oversee and manage the functions of the Nigeria Rep Offices, directing the team members to ensure efficient service delivery to all customers, thereby sustaining business relationships.
- To direct and lead the NRO team within the guidelines of the Departmental Policy and Procedures, and other FBNBank UK Policy and procedures.
- To formulate annual strategies for the NRO to ensure a 25% contribution to Business Development’s annual budget through excellent client service delivery.
- To structure the NRO for efficient delivery of the Bank’s products(mortgage) to our target market clients.
- To work with the London Relationship Managers to process mortgage/property business introduced from Nigeria, as and when necessary.
- To recommend for approval, all KYC documentation in respect of all new to bank relationships.
- To be an ambassador of the Bank, ensuring the Bank is always portrayed in an excellent manner.
- To provide required MI, reports, product papers and presentations for Senior Management of the Bank as may be needed.
- To provide timely peer comparison and information especially around developments in the Market, that will support Business Development.
- Research and maintain knowledge to ensure adherence with all applicable regulatory requirements and Compliance policy and procedures, and adhere to all such standards, both legal and regulatory, to avoid exposing the Bank to undue risk.
- Maintain the NRO as the first touch point for client query resolution.
- Ensure timely and efficient service delivery to clients through close interaction with stakeholders/dependent departments (Client Services, Payments, Operations, Credit and Compliance etc).
- Ensure client enquiries and queries are resolved in the NRO within 24hours.
- Ensure clients statements, reports and other statutory reports are up to date and timely.
Professional / Academic Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant field
- >10 years experience
- Strong knowledge of the Nigerian HNI and Affluent Market
- Strong business and personal network
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Banking system.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022 at 1:39 PM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online