The Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial officer of the Polytechnic, responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
Qualification and Experience
The Candidate must:
- Possess a good honours Degree or equivalent in Accounting from a recognized institution with at least 10 years cognate experience in a tertiary institution.
- Be a qualified and current member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN.
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Have occupied the position of Chief Accountant or Deputy Bursar in a tertiary institution.
The Candidate must:
- Must not be more than 59 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound.
Tenure of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five(5) years.
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the country.
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- No and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Current contact Address with telephone Number(s)/Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words).
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Confidential Reports of three (3) Referees on the candidate.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials are to be submitted, in a sealed envelope with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope, by hand or post to:
Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe
P.M.B. 110, Yenagoa,
- Reference Letters from 3 Referees under confidential cover should be forwarded to the address above closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.