The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State, invites applications from qualified candidates for appointment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Obudu, Cross River
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 5 years
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the College by statue and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration and control of financial affairs of the College.
Among others, the specific duties of the Bursar include:
- Coordinating the financial operations of the College;
- Establishing appropriate internal control system;
- Advising the Provost on financial matters;
- Preparing periodic/annual financial reports of the College;
- Developing and installing an efficient accounting system
- Interpreting financial regulations; and
- Performing any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The Candidate should have the following requirements:
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from any recognized institution of higher learning with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience in the College of Education Sector;
- Must have stayed as Deputy Bursar on CONTEDISS 15 with the College of Education Sector
- Must be a member of a recognized relevant professional body (ANAN/ICAN);
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development;
- Must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant;
- Must command respect and enjoy the confidence of colleagues;
- Must be objective, fair minded, impartial and of proven integrity, and
- Must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years in the first instance The appointee may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of five (5) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the conditions of Service for Principal Officers of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit (20) copies of of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of their credentials and other supporting documents including a two paged vision of applicant’s financial management of Federal College of Education, Obudu in the next five (5) years and forwarded by courier or hand delivery to:
Federal College of Education,
Obudu, Cross River State.
CV should include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined;
- Marital Status and Number of Children, indicating the age of each;
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin:
- Current Postal Address and Permanent home Address:
- Email address and phone number(s) (Whatsapp inclusive);
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and professional qualifications and Distinctions with dates;
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies;
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence;
- Present Employer, Status and Salary;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present Employer.
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above by courier or hand delivery before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for the interview.