The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was originally founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980. The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people, hence the University’s motto remains, “Technology for Service”.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of University.
- By virtue of his/her position, the Bursar should be able to coordinate development and upgrading of the University’s financial management plans.
- Bursar should be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and conditions where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate financial records are maintained assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income, expenditure and balance sheet against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on the institution’s financial transactions such as fund raising, planning, proposals, preparation, sources of external funding and their requirements.
- Others include external funding and financial reports on them.
- Candidate for the post of Bursar shall be visionary and have the ability to provide leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public Life and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- The applicant should possess a good first degree or equivalent not less than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) from a recognized University and must in addition, be a member of any of the following professional Accounting Bodies ICAN, ACCA or ANAN.
- Masters Degree in relevant course is an advantage.
- The candidates must also have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in Government / industry and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to be:
- A Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in Government or Industry
- A seasoned administrator well rooted in the finest financial practice
- A person with a grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools
- A person of courage, but humane, and who can influence financial decisions in the interest of the University
- A person of proven integrity with ability to give financial and administrative leadership and build bridges amongst staff and students of the University
- Sound physically and mentally to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the Governing Council, the Vice-Chancellor and the Senate
- A person willing and prepared to assist in external fund raising activity
- Experienced in managing external funds and preparing external financial report to donor agencies; and
- Must not be more than 60 years of age on assumption of office as the Bursar.
Salary and Conditions Of Service
- The salary and condition of service are similar to those of the Post of Bursar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his / her letter of appointment.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2021. 3pm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of his / her application accompanied by fifteen (15) copies of the candidate’s most recent Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full names.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- Marital Status, number and ages of children.
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (copies of credentials to be enclosed).
- Administrative and managerial experience.
- Membership of professional bodies.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope, marked at the upper left hand corner “Post of Bursar ESUT” to:
The Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology, (ESUT),
P.M.B. 01660, Enugu,
- Every candidate must supply in his / her application form, names, addresses and telephone numbers of their (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his / her moral character and uprightness. The candidates should request their referees to separately, forward references directly to the: Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).