Kwara State College of Nursing, Oke-Ode was established on the 14 September, 2011 with a mandate to train Professional Middle-level Manpower needed in our Health Institutions.
The Governing Council, Kwara State College of Nursing, Oke-Ode invites suitably qualified and interested candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar who is a Principal Officer is also the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the College and shall be responsible for the Provost for the day-to-day Administration and control of financial affairs of the College.
- He/she should provide the College Management with appropriate advice and support for all of the College’s financial transactions.
Qualifications / Eligibility
The College Bursar, who is the Head of the Bursary Department must:
- Possess a good First Degree in Accountancy of its equivalent from a recognized University plus a minimum of Fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience.
- Be a member of a recognized professional accounting Bodies and additional academic qualification will be an added advantage.
- Not be less than 45 years of age or not more than 55 years of age as of the time of assumption of duty.
- Be ICT compliant, must be of good health with pleasant disposition
- Possess leadership qualities, Management skills, Courageous in enforcing compliance with College financial regulations, dependable with unassailable integrity and must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a person of high/proven integrity and strong moral character and with excellent interpersonal relations and must also be a team player
- Must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people
- Must be able to demonstrate dynamism and wisdom when confronted with challenges of undesirable situation in the course of duty.
- The appointment is for a non-renewable single tenure of five(5) years
Salary and Condition of Service
- The remuneration and conditions of service are attractive.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Twenty Five (25) copies each of their Application Letter with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with the following information:
- Post for which application is being made
- Name in full (surname first in capital letters)
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address, GSM number and Email address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Previous experience, past held and duration with dates
- Present employment, status and salary
- Description of present duty
- Extra curriculum activities and
- Names and address of three (3) Referees
Mode Of Submission
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Bursar” at the left hand top corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Kwara State College of Nursing, Oke-Ode,
- The submission should also include Twenty five (25) copies of candidate’s Vision and Mission for the College for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words as well as the names and addresses of the three (3) Referees
- Each Referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the College, a confidential report attesting to the candidates character, academic and Managerial competencies in a properly sealed envelope marked “Bursar: Referees’ report” at the top left corner of the envelope within the period allowed for the submission of the application.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.