Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Biomed Technician
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Perform specific works related to construction and repairs depending on technician’s specialization, according to logistics supervisor’s instructions and MSF procedures, in order to ensure proper maintenance and functioning of MSF equipment, installations and infrastructures.
- Do all necessary repair, maintenance and construction work according to his/her specialisation (i.e. plumbing, electricity, carpentry, boreholes, Ac maintenance, radios, computers, etc..)
- Perform any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Work in collaboration with the Biomed Technician in electricity issues Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage those stocks; place orders in good time.
- Keep Polyvalent Technician working area clean and tidy.
- Look after all equipment and tools provided.
- Ensure correct use of extinguishers as well as know where they are located.
- Ensure that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed.
- Prepare needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Ensure that the line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to MSF premises.
- Make suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF premises.
- Assist logistics department with any relative work needed.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins.
- Be flexible in case of emergencies.
- Essential Secondary Education and formal technical training in Electricity, AC Maintenance and/or Plumbing, Demonstrable technical skills and understanding,
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs, MSF experience is an asset
- Experience in a technical field. (Minimum 2 years experience).
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
- Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Stress Management.
- Local language essential. Mission language mandatory.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire a candidate having benefitted from any such acts.
- All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.