Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Billing Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for preparing patients’ bills and posting same into the Hospital Information Management System.
- Candidates with experience in Healthcare, Telecommunications and Hospitality Industries are encouraged to apply.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare estimate, interim and final bills for in and out patients as required
- Post bills in the Hospital Information Management System (HIMS)
- Request for approvals and pre authorization numbers from patients from the HMO as necessary
- Participate in the monthly stock count and valuation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure admission PA is collected before a patient is admitted
- Inform patients for drug services not covered while on admission before rendering
- Ensure patient pays 10% on drugs covered and full payment on services not covered while checking the bill to ensure the software automatically bills 90% to NHIS.
- Input PA to all bill generated.
- Collection of admission PA before patient can be admitted into ICU, HDU, NICU, and SCBU
- Collection of PA for branded drugs
- Prepare bill estimate for approvals of surgery before or while on admission
- Monthly reconciliation with HMO supervisor to ensure no revenue is lost.
- Ensure admission deposit is collected before patient is admitted into ICU, HDU, NICU, and SCBU.
- Prepare bill estimate for patients while on admission
- Monitor patents ability to meet financial obligations and inform relevant authority if changes is noticed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals
- Prompt, accurate and valid patient billing
- Prompt postings into the HIMS and report generation
- Accurate and reliable stock counts
- Smooth liaison with the HMO
- Management of customers’ grievances
- Compliance with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies.
- University Degree or Higher Diploma in Accountancy or any other numeric discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of process improvement and operations management
- Customer Service Orientation
- Computer literacy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online