Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BI and Analytics / DBA, Lead
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: IT Enterprise Applications Lead
- This role is responsible for bringing interactive tools in the form of mobile apps, websites, or other digital platforms to ensure IE fully integrate customer and user experiences into its business operations by working as part of a team of problem solvers, to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution;
- The ideal candidate is also expected to oversee. He also oversees the administration of the organization’s database(s), analyze staff needs of the database(s), and develop a long-term strategy for data storage.
- Design and delivery of data science and machine learning projects; supporting business development; and working with customers.
- Technical leadership in the design and delivery of data science and machine learning solutions that transform ways of working and deliver measurable benefit.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Engineers and Software developers to develop machine learning software product including but not limited to exploring large data sets, trying out new algorithms, feature engineering, testing, and evaluating model outputs, deploying the solutions for production usage, and scale-out as required for different client environment.
- Champion innovation in data science team and machine learning with a deep technical background in machine learning and data science.
- Work in cross-functional agile team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, business stakeholders to build the AI ecosystem within our client organization.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths, and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Identify, define, and assess the properties and specifications necessary for the database management system (DBMS) to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Define a logical database structure for application development based on the organizational structure of the company.
- Develop and implements policies and procedures related to data security, integrity and accessibility.
- Develop, maintain, and control additional corporate data libraries specific to the organization, industry, or locality.
- Ensure project and department milestones and goals are met on time and within budget.
- Assess current and projected database performance and recommends changes and enhancements.
- Resolve data conflicts for matters such as naming conventions, data privacy, and data ownership.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in DBMS and related technology.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal departments as well as third-party vendors
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering or similar field and a strong will to continuously develop your skillset.
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive, Pig is desirable. Familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is an added advantage.
- Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential for data-driven companies.
- Machine Learning – good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Data Wrangling proficiency in handling imperfections in data is an important aspect of a data scientist job description.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau that help to visually encode data
- Experience using open-source machine learning algorithms.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop).
- Ability to independently implement algorithms and models to production with at least one programming language with support from our machine learning engineers.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like TensorFlow or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Strong Knowledge of Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with AWS, or other ML development platforms.
- Knowledge of software development principles and design patterns.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Presentation, Visualization and Storytelling
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online