At Kudi, we believe that people of all class should have access to financial services and seamlessly make transactions. We want to build a financial inclusive world with everyone, for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Kudi software engineers build solutions that will forever change the face of finance and banking in Africa by bringing affordable banking services to the doorstep of people across the continent.
- We’re looking for engineers that can bring fresh ideas and experience to the table from all areas of expertise including distributed system design, mobile development, systems architecture, networking, security and more.
- As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for all levels of our vast technology stack from design to deployment; developing intelligent and resilient mission-critical systems which handle tens of millions of dollars in transactions monthly.
- You will also be responsible for significant architectural decisions, guiding the rest of the team technically and using all of the tools at your disposal along with your initiative to get stuff done.
About the Position
- You will work across different technology stacks and languages (mainly with a focus on Java and NodeJS);
- You will have an end to end responsibility of many services from design to deployment;
- You will join a small, fast-paced team of engineers
- You will be a point of call for technical matters
- Excellent programming skills
- At least 3 years experience developing in Java (Springboot and Dropwizard frameworks) & NodeJS in the industry
- At least 3 years experience developing with MongoDB and MySQL
- Strong affinity for technical design and system architecture
- Experience working with containers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong System Architecture Design skills
- Knowledge of fundamental computing topics, e.g. networking, databases, concurrency, parallelism, locking, algorithms, data structures, performance monitoring, optimization, etc
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, e.g DDD, TDD
- Ability to work autonomously and lead technically
- Ability to take initiative and get stuff done
- Great communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience in python
- Strong communication skills verbal & oral
- Approachable easily approachable for others to discuss challenges with you.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online