iRecharge Tech-Innovations is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports to: Head of Technology
- Responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the work done by the front-end web developers.
- Write web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developer with server side logic
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP [WU1] security principles.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV as a PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Backend Developer – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.