Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Audit & Assurance Officer (Future Opportunities)
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
About Audit & Assurance
- Auditing is a highly complex process, and the importance of auditors as a vital link in the financial reporting chain has never been more important nor their role as trusted advisors more valued.
- Our global network of audit professionals provide a range of audit and advisory services to assist clients in achieving their business objectives, managing their risk and improving their business performance – anywhere in the world.
- Using our state-of the-art tools enables Deloitte audit professionals to deliver the assurance service quality and excellence that is implicit in the Deloitte brand and that regulators and public expect.
- Audit of financial statements that have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), NGAAP and other valid standards
- Review of accounting and internal control systems
- Consulting on accounting principles, the chart of accounts and organization of finance and accounting departments
- Comprehensive advice on implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards, including interpretation and application of complex standards
- Assistance with the establishment of reporting departments
- Advisory services for the calculation of employee benefits, impairment of assets, provisions for asset retirement obligations and other long-term provisions
- Assistance with business valuations, valuation of assets and liabilities and determination of goodwill in accordance with IFRS.
- The candidate will have the responsibility to be the accountant in charge of audit client engagements, and by implication he/she will provide support to engagement team members. The candidates must have a clear understanding of audit process and appreciable knowledge of managing audit engagements. He/she should be conversant with International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International Financial Reporting Standards, Companies and Allied matters Act and other laws and regulations to be used in the audit process.
- Be aware of all the audit imperatives and demonstrate how he/she has specifically implemented these on task assigned
- Display knowledge and application of ISA . He should be research minded and ready to related the applicable ISA to the task assigned .
- Should possess ability to display knowledge and application of IFRS, GAAP, IFRS for SME’s (where applicable) etc in the audit working paper. Staff at this level should demonstrate ability to assist others understand and apply these reporting frameworks on the job.
- Ability to identify relevant risk from business process and design appropriate response to risk identified.
- Ability to use Audit tools and resources
- Ability to identify weaknesses in control and provide recommendations with a view to adding value to the business of the client.
- Prompt archival of audit file within the approved time limit
- Ability to commence planning and conclude assigned sections/engagement within the stipulated timeframe agreed with management . Staff at this level should show willingness to keep up with engagement budget as it relates to their assigned task/sections
- Effectively communicate engagement progress/status to his/her senior or manager.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class upper (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of upper credit
- Have a minimum of credit in five (5) WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
- Candidate should demonstrate experience and ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and trade secret of the organisation.
- Evidence of knowledge and training on basic employee information security guidelines is also required
- Experience in any of the Big 4s will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the firm’s business
- Good understanding of clients’ business
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality as role involves dealing with client information and trade secrets
- Ability to manage information flow and dissemination on a need to know basis
- Effective time management for work flow and delivery of results
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.