rnst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assurance – Senior Associate [Analytics Delivery Specialist (ADS)]
Ref No: NIG0003Q
- More than ever before, businesses rely on properly interpreted complex data sets to inform their actions.
- From emerging brands to the multinationals, our clients require dependable financial statements to drive their decision-making process and they depend on us to provide top notch advice along with best in class service all the time.
- We have recorded great success in the Nigerian market space year on year and therefore always looking for more talented consultants to join our team.
- As an Audit Analytics Delivery specialist Senior, you work with Audit teams to plan and scope the use of leading-edge analytics solutions and deliver them through by using Audit analytics tools.
- You will work closely and engage with the client’s IT function to successfully manage data capture and extraction process, data cleansing and analysis.
- As a senior consultant and Adviser for EY, your everyday work-life will be filled with operational tasks and professional challenges.
- All the knowledge and skills of the EY brand will be made available to you as you as you build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering, Finance or Business discipline, supported by minimum of 4 years’ work experience in data analysis, capture, transformation, and understanding business processes
- ICAN, ACCA, CISA certification (or equivalent) required
- Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive machine learning software and link analysis / data visualization software
- Relevant knowledge of data analysis and strong analytical skills in related software, including ACL, MS SQL Server, SQL SSIS, MS Excel, MS Access or similar software
- Relevant knowledge of popular ERP data tables and their relationships is a plus e.g. Oracle EBS, Finacle, Flexcube, T24 etc
- Relevant knowledge of other analytics tools is a plus, e.g. BI/visualization, data extraction, data transformation, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) specific tools (e.g. SAP, Oracle), or similar tools
- Experience of advising external clients on insights and strategies related to data analytics, ideally in the audit domain.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Skills and attributes for success:
- Work with the Manager and Senior Manager to plan and operationalize analytics strategy
- Assist Audit teams in scoping and planning the use of Analytics on more complex / larger engagements
- Support Audit teams in conversations with clients related to data security, data capture methods, etc. and work with clients’ IT functions to extract relevant data in more complex cases
- Monitor data transformation activities (e.g. data validation, etc.) performed by the Analytics delivery team
- Promote the use and knowledge of Analytics in Audit; train and educate others (both clients and Auditors) on the methods and value of Analytics
- Promote analytics across the business and educate others on the analytics tools and value
- Be directly involved in Audit pursuits with Audit teams and clients
- Stay abreast of technology advancements and propose how to leverage them in audit
- Contribution to the development of custom analytics solutions where appropriate
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online