eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Tally Clerk
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time – Fixed Term
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Tally Clerk is to account for and maintain the records for all commodities received, stored, and dispatched in compliance with eHA and donor guidelines.
- The Warehouse Tally Clerk is also responsible for the documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage, and delivery of all food commodities
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of all trucks on arrival at the warehouse; ensure that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and there are no unauthorized commodities mixed with food.
- Fill in the truck inspection reports before the commencement of offloading.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Supervise the offloading staff during the process of offloading commodities and make sure that it is properly undertaken.
- Ensure that commodities are carefully being inspected and counted during off-loading before being accepted in the warehouse.
- Stack commodities according to type and shipment number.
- Stack commodities on pallets and ensure a space of one meter between stacks and wall, stack and stack, stack and ceiling is maintained.
- Report any shortages, damages, or excess to the warehouse supervisor and reflect such differences in all copies of the delivery documents.
- Fill in all stack cards immediately after completing stacking.
- Fill in all forms (waybill, loading & offloading tally sheet, and random weighting form) during and immediately after completing the offloading process. Record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit, and quantities damaged if any.
- Use the FIFO principle for each commodity. Commodities arriving first must be dispatched first except for reconstituted commodities.
- Dispatch food commodities based on approved commodity dispatch authorization:
- Ensure all documents for commodity dispatch have been correctly and completely filled.
- Inspect all trucks to be loaded with food to ensure that they are road-worthy before commencing loading.
- Inspect trucks loaded with food to ensure that they are properly covered with tarpaulins before leaving the warehouse.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- Will adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Working with partner organizations in meeting their item storage and withdrawal needs.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Warehousing, Logistics, Procurement, or any other related field.
- Knowledge of warehousing, transport, shipping, and practical freight forwarding.
- Past experience preferable with a busy NGO or UN agency, in food commodities handling tracking and accounting. Prior experience with the WFP Compass system is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of eHA regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting.
- This position requires a person who is a self-starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision. He/she should be able to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units. He/she must be keen on details and a well-organized individual.
- Accepts responsibility for your own actions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Excellent communication skills are required including written, verbal and interpersonal.
- You must have a great understanding of health and safety for yourself and others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for you to successfully perform this job:
- Exhibit professionalism in the workplace at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail.
- Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost-conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Being helpful, respectful, and approachable, and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Disciplined with outstanding organizational skills.
- Exhibits a great amount of flexibility in delivering your duties.
- Ability to work in distant locations under minimal supervision.
- Exhibit a high sense of security consciousness and alertness at all times and work effectively with security forces to ensure the safety of lives and properties.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
eHA Gender Diversity Statement
- At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences and strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote continued learning, fairness and growth opportunities for all.
- We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small..
Innovative Problem Solving:
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.