White Soul Group is a leading automobile sales, haulage and logistics company with over 5 locations across Nigeria. Our head office is at Lagos. We have a fleet of over 200 vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Workshop Manager – Logistics
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- The Assistant Workshop Manager will report to the Workshop Manager and assist with the activities of the maintenance department to ensure that fleet is available, dependable and safe at all times.
- He/She would be responsible for the preparing reports and assuming responsibility in the absence of the manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to coordinate the activities of the workshop on a day to day basis.
- Organize and supervise the servicing, maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet and ensure that the vehicles are in good working conditions at all times.
- Ensure that the vehicles come to the workshop at the designated kilometers for servicing.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of all of the vehicle fleet and other technical support equipment to ensuring that overhauls, preventative maintenance and repair are done in a cost effective manner, with attention given to quality and longer duration of vehicles
- Ensure that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service
- Regularly report progress on each job to line manager
- Ensure that all the tools and equipment in the workshop are functional and are being prudently used.
- Technical supervision of vehicles at all points
- Avoid and ensure pilfering of the company’s tools and materials do not occur through thorough monitoring
- Assign vehicles for maintenance to a designated Mechanic(s) and take proper records in case the vehicles fails with guidance from line manager
- Design a working time frame to ensure vehicles do not exceed the required time at the workshop.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly maintenance reports
- Any other duties related to or arising from the performance of what is listed above.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive working experience in a similar position
- Proven experience working with trucks and semi-literate mechanics
- Knowledge and experience with HOWO trucks is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to develop and maintain best practices for workshop procedures
- He must be computer literate with relevant workshop and vehicle maintenance procedures
- Must be experienced in interpreting manufacturers’ manuals, using modern diagnostic equipment and implementing preventive maintenance procedures
- Hands-on experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of truck’s components and maintenance of such components.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.