APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Security Manager
Job Requisition ID: R26944
- We have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen.
- We’re taking a big step on this journey, carrying out a vital mission: support our employees, so they can best support our customers.
- As an Assistant Security Manager, you will lead a team, conduct day-to-day security procedures for a specific operation, in line with the Corporate strategy and relevant requirements.
- Supervise and guide security officers; monitor your team’s activities on the ground and train them to interact properly with visitors, vendors, and employees.
- Maintain daily records and various reports at the workplace, including those regarding incidents, accidents, and security breaches.
- Conduct regular patrol and spot-check in all parts of the Terminal facility, including activity rooms, public areas, outlets, and surrounding areas, to spot-check the security guards’ performance and other security-related matters.
- Assist Security Manager in handling incidents.
- Conduct emergency response drills.
- Investigation and interview when an incident happens and must be aware of policies and individuals’ rights under the law of the country while recording the statement.
- Monitor and ensure proper functionality of the Closed Circuit Televisions and alarm systems
- Assist visitors /employees during emergencies
- Gather information and complete reports, and Maintain confidentiality.
- Develop and implement preventative measures against accidents, thefts and other risks.
- Ensure compliance of applicable policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
- Evaluate, assess and analyze performance of security personnel.
- Initiate disciplinary measures wherever necessary.
- Provide security to office staff, buildings and properties.
- Keep the premises free from all kinds of danger
Required Educational background / Skills / Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a security guard, police officer or military officer is required .
- Extensive knowledge of security protocol and procedures.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with confidential and classified information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online