Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager – Talent Acquisition
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – HR
Department: HR & Administration
Reports To: AGM, Recruitment
- To formulate and proactively implement appropriate strategies and plans to identify, attract, select and hire the best talent to meet the manpower needs of the company.
- To coordinate and monitor timely and efficient execution of all recruitment activities company-wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in planning and forecasting country-wide workforce requirements.
- Develop draft Annual Recruitment Plan based on approved country-wide manpower requirements and submit to Head, Recruitment for approval.
- Implement recruitment activities (vacancy identification, advertisement, candidate screening, testing, interviewing, etc.) as defined in the approved framework and plan.
- Maintain communication with functional heads to obtain timely information on potential vacancies.
- Liaise with relevant department or third party organisation for timely publication of vacancy advertisements.
- Promptly escalate organisational and/ or recruitment issues to the AGM, Talent Acquisition.
- Maintain an accurate database of manning levels across the country and proactively identify variations with approved manning.
- Oversee documentation of employer/ employee agreements, terms and conditions of work in line with the country’s industrial requirements and DCP’s HR policy.
- Manage relationships with relevant labour unions and ensure adherence to labour/ employee legislations in the country.
- Stay abreast of best practices in recruitment to provide valuable input for informed decision making.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent in Humanities or Social Sciences related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience. Related work experience in a recruitment firm will be an advantage.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good understanding of job requirements, including competencies for various functions within DCP.
- Working knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for workforce planning.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations within the country of operation.
- Good leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Good business writing skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online