Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 – 4 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Job Number: HOT07KIE
Location: Transcorp Hilton – Maitama, Abuja.
Shift: Day Job
Job Level: Manager
Job: Food and Beverage
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Assist Director of F&B in management of operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Actively take part in the promotion and sales of the hotels F&B Bar outlets.
- Support the overseeing of the department, review supply inventory, schedule, forecast, and plan department budget.
- Evaluate team members, and provide leadership and guidance to team members ensuring consistent quality and optimal economic results.
What will I be doing?
- Plan and direct all functions of the Food & Beverage department with focus on Bars to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Prepare, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub departments.
- Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the operation of all food & beverage outlets to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate in the creation and marketing of menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs among all the F&B outlets and monitor the food and beverage budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Regularly review, evaluate, and respond to customer satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction of the individual outlets; recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or a change in competitive environment requires such changes.
- Insure compliance with all hotel policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline, counsel, and evaluate line employees according to the hotel policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget; develop short and long term financial operating plans.
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food, Liquor Costs and Payroll
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Utilize computer equipment to analyze forecast, cost, and revenue reports and make decisions based on that information to ensure maximizing of profits.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
A Food and Beverage Director serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Have great verbal and written communcation skills.
- Be proactive.
- Possess excellent forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Work well with colleagues.
- Enjoy problem-solving.
- Have a good understanding of inventorymanagement systems.
- Strong leadership skills.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA / B.S / Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area.
- 3 to 4 years of related experience.
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
- 4 years relevant managerial experience.
- Possess an International experience.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.