Assistant Banqueting Manager
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Job Number: HOT07KH1
- To support the Head of Department in the operations in driving business profitability, cost management and ensure exceptional guest experience by efficiently managing assigned outlet.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including product knowledge, supervisory skills, service techniques, and guest interaction
- To attend any meetings, training sessions or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your Supervisor / Manager
- Ensure departmental service standards are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure proper handling of all operating equipment to minimize breakage or loss.
- To be friendly and polite in front of guests at all times.
- Assign and supervise duties to all direct reports.
- To assist in other Food & Beverage areas if and when required.
- Handle guest complaints / comments efficiently and promptly.
- Ensure outlet cleaning schedules are adhered to and identify additional requirements.
- To assist in the service of food & beverage when required.
- Study and learn menu terminology.
- Report for duty on time with clean attire.
- Follow the policies and procedures introduced by the Food & Beverage department
- Train, coach and mentor team members actively to ensure continuous skill improvement
- Perform periodic scheduled performance reviews with all team members
- Take disciplinary action when required in line with team member conditions of service
- Balances working hours in accordance with needs of the outlet operations
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by your Manager or HOD.
- Minimum of a B.Sc and HND certificate. Additional Qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as an Head Waiter or 3 years as Assistant outlet manager.
- Experience of managing large teams.
- Experience and knowledge with large functions.
- Good communication skills, great leadership and organisational skills
- Ability to drive cost effectiveness and generate revenue
- Able to optimise team members performance
- Focus on details and customer care
- Record of Good Conduct
- Ability to use computer applications as Microsoft Office Word and excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent grooming and Hotel/brand product knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hilton Worldwide on hilton.taleo.net to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.