Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Warehouse and Distribution (WND) Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
- Are you interested in joining a dynamic team at the heart of developing logistics products to meet customers’ needs, remove complexities and simplify customers’ supply chain?
- We are looking for someone to lead our warehouse and distribution (WND) organization in Central West Africa (CWA).
- An opportunity to challenge your limits, innovate and develop personally and professionally. Join us… we’ll be happy to have you.
- The Area WnD manager is fully accountable for P&L and operations of the Warehousing and Distribution products within the area, having business development & operational ownership.
- She/he will be involved in bringing the integrator vision alive, grow a first-class operated WnD product, identify and drive investment and M&A opportunities and overall responsible for all sites (owned, outsourced, partnership, 3rd party, JV etc) within Central West Africa (CWA) Area.
Profit & Loss:
- New and existing customer management
- Contract management
- Site performance (cost/utilization)
- Continuous improvement & optimization of assets
- Investment decisions and follow up on the same
- Expand business footprint while ensuring profitable growth
- Execution of WND strategy for area in alignment with CEN
- Business development aligned with strategy
- Develop new customers by liaising with area sales
- Local implementation
- Growth targets
- Product mix
- Work with BD teams across verticals for growth
- Tender handling
- Operational excellence
- HSSE adherence
- Drive compliance & regulatory adherence
- Sites operating basis security / IT standards
- General management
- Lease administration
- Contract management
- Drive adherence to governance framework
- Ensure the WnD product can meet future growth requirements and achieves sustainable business results.
- Develop talent pipeline
- Engagement of WND teams within the area
- Maintain positive relationship while working closely with WnD site managers.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications with Strong Warehouse & Distribution knowledge with 10+ years of experience and 5 in Leadership role.
- Area market knowledge
- Financial acumen – ability to read, interpret and act on P&L
- Self directed/entrepreneurial
- Proven track record for leadership & team management
- Stakeholder management & collaboration in a matrix organization
- Commercial mindset
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong dealing with customers.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online