GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anesthesia and Respiratory Sales Specialist
Job Ref.: R3576730
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Job Description Summary
- As the Anesthesia and Respiratory Sales Specialist, you will be customer facing and will be responsible for winning business for GE Healthcare in West Africa.
- You will act as the clinical/technical expert to establish and continuously develop the relationship with departmental and technical decision makers in their assigned accounts and where applicable work in conjunction with Account Executives and Managers to gain access to C-Suite decision makers.
- This role will be based in Nigeria and will be responsible for the development of new and existing business opportunities across the West Africa, covering Ghana and Nigeria.
- Differentiate GE Healthcare’s offerings, convey compelling value propositions, lead the opportunity, qualify the customer needs, develop and present solutions proposals/quotations, and respond to customers’ clinical/technical/process questions in order to successfully close increasingly complex clinical/technical/solution sales.
- Achieve orders and sales targets for assigned accounts/territory. Provide input to deal pricing strategy and ensure pricing compliance for segment opportunities.
- Forecast orders/sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products/solutions/services in
- Create business plans, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies & targets. Build strong business relationships and formulate account strategies to continuously strengthen relationships
- Identify and respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs and maintain customer contact records in the relevant tools.
- Continuously develop and improve a network of key opinion leaders
- Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data and develop and lead effective counter-strategies.
- Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of product/services.
- Be able to present/discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their product/solutions/services.
- Create viable product configurations meeting customer needs effectively, while achieving optimum margin for GE.
- Differentiate product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources/approved product marketing/product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision-making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
- Promote product/solution and the company at relevant medical conferences/technical exhibitions.
- Identify/create new opportunities and work with sales leaders and account teams to continuously increase prospect funnel.
- Drive tender/bid process including the needs qualification, vendor selection, quotation and closure of their sales opportunities to meet orders/sales/margin targets as well as to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain opportunities in the applicable sales funnel tool and/or tools.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of the company’s production and delivery schedules ensuring fulfillment of the order is according to customer expectations and enhances customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to account plans as applicable covered by account managers/executives.
- Continuously educate/coach account team members on their product/service/solution strategy and offerings.
- Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts/other resources within GE Healthcare channels to build relationships and secure business.
- Share and follow-up identified leads to other product lines within own accounts and/or One GEHC accounts.
- Adhere to and uphold highest standards of compliance to relevant international and local Regulatory and GE Healthcare Promotional Codes. Adhere to all applicable GE/GE Healthcare compliance policies, codes and training requirements. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a clinical field.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical/ technical experience application specialist experience in the Experience required specifically on Anesthesia machines, Ventilators, Patient monitors, Maternal and infant care and diagnostic cardiology equipment.
- Extensive experience in high level customer interactions and sales scenarios in the healthcare market
- Exceptional presentation skills: able to present ideas and communicate to customers and team in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Understanding of customer/marketplace and drivers that influence customer behavior.
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Willingness to travel extensively within your specified geographic region as well as to nationwide sales meetings and tradeshows
- A valid driving license
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
- Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Inclusion and Diversity
- GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.