Green Africa is a value airline based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are a new carrier that offers safe, reliable and affordable air travel to a much broader group of customers. This positions us as a significant contributor to the economic development of Nigeria and the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ancillary & Catering Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Experience Level: Professional
- Manages, the internal processes with the key internal stakeholders – Finance, Cabin Services and Ground Services, and with the external stakeholder – Catering Service Provider.
- Responsible and accountable for the end-to-end planning and delivery of all aspects of the catering service for the airline’s daily operations, across the network, for normal operations and disruptions.
- Maintain on-time departure of flights by ensuring timely reporting of Service Provider for Catering uplift /proper handover to crew on the aircraft and adherence to defined GLP (Galley Loading Plan) inclusive of (but not limited to) food & beverage items for customers, dry stores, crew meals and cabin consumables, bonded stores.
- To ensure that the supplier community/ service providers and the internal ancillary team deliver the highest standard of service consistently and efficiently in the most cost-effective manner, and they ensure compliance with the defined quality and safety standards.
- Inventory management of products and sale collections, sale transaction methods (ePOS/ cash/card/on-line/off-line) for Buy on Board products.
- Work with Finance and Talent Management for release of Crew commission (for BoB inflight sales) and other employee commissions (for other ancillary sales).
- Ensure the service provider maintains all airline equipment and products including but not limited to F&B products, maintenance and repair of carts and SMU, maintenance of ePOS machines, etc as per the contracted SLA.
- Represents Ancillary services for safety/ security reviews.
- Responsible for developing a business continuity plan for situations caused due to airline operations disruptions and/or service providers disruptions (operational/ industrial unrest).
- Act as a liaison between Commercial and Cabin Services for Ancillary product/service promotions on flights. Develop the plans in conjunction with Cabin Services.
- Support all Cabin Services projects for enhancement of ancillary revenue and contribute towards their success.
- Proactively develop and implement a range of strategies in tandem with the internal stakeholders to ensure the team exceeds customer service and cost reduction targets.
- Budget, Analysis, Planning and Report submission to reporting manager on daily/ weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly basis, as defined.
- To carry out any other duties as assigned by the reporting manager.
- Minimum of vocational qualification / Bachelor’s Degree / Hotel Management Diploma of 3 years, with 3 years job related experience.
- Working in an operational role with airlines/catering service provider.
- Good communication skills and presentation skills with good command over the local language and English language.
- High level of computer literacy especially MS Excel.
- Ability to cope with the dynamic environment of airline operations.
- Ability to set clear direction and manage workflow. Ability to foster teamwork.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for ancillary and catering functions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online